Tuesday 29 March 2016

My typography development

Creating outlines, ungrouping a word gives you the chance to move the individual letters around to how you like. For example stretching one particular letter to be taller than another or moving it further away. Depending on the purpose of the subject at hand depends how appropriate this tool can be. 

Experimentation with colour as a focal point or using lines.  First experimentation with using different texts to ford a final statement, unsure how well that worked as I used a lot of different fonts and I think sticking to one font but with the options of making bolder, italic, etc can be much more effective, as it looks different but still has a consistency to it. 


The light bulb was one of my favourite designs, I always liked the images where the words create an object that the subject is about. Here I have the bright light, the creative industries forming the focal point and beside it the other major industries that are dull and bunched together without the light of the creative industries. Im not sure if this worked as well as i thought it would from a poster prospective but I do like the idea behind it. 

Finally another experiment with typography trying to only use words and not putting an image to it. Simple use of lines and an arrow to create the finally piece. I used different shades of one colour slightly altered to create the final image. It isn't my strongest work but it was experimentation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment