Tuesday 29 March 2016

Final 3 posters

My Design Choice
For my design choice I tried to keep the image pretty simple. I drew on the computer very basic outlines of some of the creative industries and put the quote small on the bottom. I thought that the images might draw the person to the poster and while they are there looking they'll read the quote at the bottom, drawing the viewer closer.

Typographic Design
For the typographic design I thought that my light bulb was the strongest out of the others and used that for my final. I changed the poster to portrait to fit better with the shape of the lightbulb. I kept the background plain as there was already a lot going off with the text. It's already a lot of bright colours that stand out well because its against such a strong background. Finally as with the image before I added the quote to the bottom of the page, again drawing the viewer in. It's actually a very simple looking poster but thats why I like it, it doesn't need lots all over to say what it is, the light bulb does that. 

Macro Design
Finally for my macro design I used the texture from my collage to create the background. I really liked the collage I did as it had a lot of different textures on it which is what I wanted to do. Originally the image was orange tones which reminded me a lot of the rust images I've looked at, I edited the image to blue as I thought it was that little more vibrant and stood out more. Im happy with how the macro came out. Then I added text, because the background was so busy it made the writing hard to read, simply I added a white background behind the text which I think actually works really well. I used the same quote as I have with the others and kept the font simple not over doing it with typography like with previous work.



"The UK Creative Industries generates £76.9bn a year, £8.8m an hour equating to 5% of the UK economy"



No comments:

Post a Comment