Thursday 5 May 2016

FMP

My FMP - idea

Previously on my MFMP I chose to go along the lines of visual communication, it is a broad discipline that encompasses a variety of different styles including; graphic design, drawing, typography, illustration and screen based drawing. From the development of this project it helped me understand and decide what I would like to specify a little more in. Although I very much enjoyed doing visual communication and have such a wide variety of styles to incorporate my work into, I found towards the end that automatic drawings were what I really enjoyed doing. Just drawing on the spot with a slight abstract feel to it, in one piece in particular that I did helped me decide that that was the sort of style I really wanted to do.
With this in mind, I've decided for my FMP I'd like to stick along the lines of illustration. Im hoping to produce a wide range of illustrations that go to theme of a poetry book - Milk and Honey.
When deciding to illustrate about my latest poetry book I thought to myself, why constrain myself, why not do more. So I've decided to section poetry into different categories and draw images to that theme, I would also like to experiment with songs and draw illustrations with specific types of songs playing in the background, see the different outcomes and effects the song type has. To further develop this I could write my own poetry and illustrate that, as I will have a very clear idea of the type of illustration needed as I will know exactly what my poetry means.
With style in the illustration I very much like simple line drawings, almost abstract. I'm looking to explore with textiles, using sewing to create lines pieces. Im hoping to explore with other materials such as pencil, pen, ink, paint. Already I have taken my own photos of people and drawn from the image, creating my own line drawings from this. With our generation being so much more technically encompassed I also chose to do some line drawings with my phone, doing this I used a popular social media outlet, Snapchat. I took a photo on my phone and used the paint tool to draw over the image with line drawings in various colours and line flows. From these images I then created a illustration by hand and overlapped the faces I had created in different colours.
In the end I'd like to produce a small book with illustrations in, I want them all to flow throughout the book and the images tell a story as it goes along. Exploring different themes such as loss, heart ache etc - through illustration and poetry.
I'm hoping to research into a range of different illustrators to inspire my work, I'm look at quite a similar style of drawing, simple line work. Im also going to use tumblr to look at work on there as I like that style.

No comments:

Post a Comment