Tuesday 29 March 2016

mixed media

Mixed media! I love mixed media, I don't see why a pretty drawing can't be attacked with other materials. It usually creates a very eye catching piece. These images here are some that really stood out to me for different reasons. Some because I can see the textures that are on the image right in front of me, which I would like to replicate. Im going to do my own experimentation with textures and see if they create a good outcome like these. The textured images also create some really good colours, I especially like the rust close up as the colours are very vibrant at a complete contrast with the actual decaying metal. The other images are either completely black and white or black and white with a section of colour to make it stand out. Often combining to different types of imagery. All the images I've chosen all look fairly simple and I think thats why they stand out, because although I know a lot of work probably went into these images at a glance you wouldn't see the work behind it. IT's not until you look deeper you see the little changes. One of my favourite pictures is the black and white girl with the multi colour strange coming from her hands. On the image I can't quite tell weather its drawn on in pen, done on a computer or even sewed on so ill try the different methods to make my own decision on what works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment